Welcome to Olympia Rhythmic Gymnastics
We are open for training at the moment and we offer Online and In person classes
Please carefully read our guidance for parents and gymnasts for in person classes:
BC is currently monitoring the issue of COVID-19 and its potential spread. We recognize that this is a growing concern among our community and we would like to be proactive around this matter to ensure that everyone feels safe at our rhythmic gymnastics programs.
If you don’t feel well, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, are returning from travel outside of Canada or you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms – please stay home. If you are healthy and choose to participate in Olympia RG programs:
• Parents you can use the free underground parking at Scottish Centre, Collingwood and Annex. Entrance to the gym at Collingwood is from the side door at Joyce St. for Annex is the same – use the side door please. Don’t; use the main door.
• Wash your hands before and after practice or use hand sanitizer
• Coach will welcome the gymnasts at the side door at the beginning of each class. You have to sign in at the door with all necessary information. See attachment (we provide the daily check list) and revue this in advance. We have to limit the people coming to the gym. We may request only a few parents to help with the carpets.
• Come at least 5 minutes before class starts
• Try to come ready with your training uniform for the class (slim fit tank top, black shorts or black leggings and socks), no change rooms will be available
• Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, hugs, etc
• Bring your own equipment, yoga mat, all RG apparatuses you have, Terra Band, ankle weights (Lv 2 and up), water bottle and hand sanitizer
• There will be no snack break in the classes, just water break. Bring water!
• Comply with physical distancing measures at all times
• Limit 2 participants in the washroom at a time
• Leave the gym as quickly as possible after you finish your class. Parents: don’t be late and wait at the door for your daughters.
• Follow the rules and guidelines as set out by the facility and sport organization
• Enjoy RG and have fun
Rhythmic Gymnastics is one of the most beautiful and precise Olympic Sports
Rhythmic Gymnastics is one of the most beautiful and precise Olympic Sports. It is a combination of the dynamics and flexibility of gymnastics, the technical knowledge of ballet, and the self-expression and rhythm of modern dance. Unmatched for its elegant, expressive, precise and graceful movements, Rhythmic Gymnastics is using hand-held apparatus such as hoops, balls, ropes, ribbons, and clubs in specially choreographed rhythmic group and solo routines. Through careful guidance, respectful encouragement and the highest standards of expert coaching, young girls in our program are developed into confident, strong and healthy young women.